I recently went to purchase a site through Flippa, bought it instantly and the transaction went through immediately (funny how they are happy enough to take your money in an instant).
After the sale commenced, the 'seller' (who afterward divulged that he was selling on behalf of another person) transferred the domain name and after many failed attempts, managed to transfer the 'website files' as a .ZIP file. The contents of the .ZIP failed to be compressed correctly, but I eventually managed to get into it.
After attempting to setup the site on my own hosting, I discovered that no dynamic files were present or anything which would actually allow the site to operate as it was listed.... merely large collection of static HTML files.
I reported this to the seller but to no avail, and when I attempted to dispute this through Flippa the customer rep left me the very rude message which you can see attached as a screenshot.
I have had to re-build the site from scratch and is now up and running, all to extra expense to myself ... but Flippa took so long to analyse the dispute (around 2 weeks) that I had no choice by to begin rebuilding the site from scratch in order to make use of the traffic I was receiving.
I however, attached the .ZIP file of non-working website files to a support ticket which the SAME support agent had access too but clearly just ignored.
Flippa then closed my dispute and decreed that I still keep the payment valid.
Absolutely disgusted that I am now out of pocket, spent my own time having to rebuild the site from scratch and the absolutely abysmal customer service!!!!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Website Hosting
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On Saturday August 3, 2013 the following unauthorized debit transactions appeared on my bank statement $199 07:28 pm AT 19:28 $199 07:34 pm AT 19:24 $199 07:38 pm AT 19:38..."
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR----> DO NOT BUY anything from Buy Squad. Honestly, after researching on this company, I feel so *** to fall for their "low price" ;0( I ordered..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."