Flippa - Abysmal customer service, no actual listening to me as a buyer
I recently went to purchase a site through Flippa, bought it instantly and the transaction went through immediately (funny how they are happy enough to take your money in an instant).
After the sale commenced, the 'seller' (who afterward divulged that he was selling on behalf of another person) transferred the domain name and after many failed attempts, managed to transfer the 'website files' as a .ZIP file. The contents of the .ZIP failed to be compressed correctly, but I eventually managed to get into it.
After attempting to setup the site on my own hosting, I discovered that no dynamic files were present or anything which would actually allow the site to operate as it was listed.... merely large collection of static HTML files.
I reported this to the seller but to no avail, and when I attempted to dispute this through Flippa the customer rep left me the very rude message which you can see attached as a screenshot.
I have had to re-build the site from scratch and is now up and running, all to extra expense to myself ... but Flippa took so long to analyse the dispute (around 2 weeks) that I had no choice by to begin rebuilding the site from scratch in order to make use of the traffic I was receiving.
I however, attached the .ZIP file of non-working website files to a support ticket which the SAME support agent had access too but clearly just ignored.
Flippa then closed my dispute and decreed that I still keep the payment valid.
Absolutely disgusted that I am now out of pocket, spent my own time having to rebuild the site from scratch and the absolutely abysmal customer service!!!!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Website Hosting
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have never complained about the 4G service that I have been getting from Ooredoo Kuwait, until about the second half of 2015. Before the mass roll-out of Ooredoo's more..."
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/26917254 THIS IS FAKE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ***! Person trying to sell it goes by the name Brianna Linnetti. There is no possible way anyone would sell a..."