Flippa - Abysmal customer service, no actual listening to me as a buyer

12 of 17 Flippa reviews

I recently went to purchase a site through Flippa, bought it instantly and the transaction went through immediately (funny how they are happy enough to take your money in an instant).

After the sale commenced, the 'seller' (who afterward divulged that he was selling on behalf of another person) transferred the domain name and after many failed attempts, managed to transfer the 'website files' as a .ZIP file. The contents of the .ZIP failed to be compressed correctly, but I eventually managed to get into it.

After attempting to setup the site on my own hosting, I discovered that no dynamic files were present or anything which would actually allow the site to operate as it was listed.... merely large collection of static HTML files.

I reported this to the seller but to no avail, and when I attempted to dispute this through Flippa the customer rep left me the very rude message which you can see attached as a screenshot.

I have had to re-build the site from scratch and is now up and running, all to extra expense to myself ... but Flippa took so long to analyse the dispute (around 2 weeks) that I had no choice by to begin rebuilding the site from scratch in order to make use of the traffic I was receiving.

I however, attached the .ZIP file of non-working website files to a support ticket which the SAME support agent had access too but clearly just ignored.

Flippa then closed my dispute and decreed that I still keep the payment valid.

Absolutely disgusted that I am now out of pocket, spent my own time having to rebuild the site from scratch and the absolutely abysmal customer service!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Website Hosting
Review category
Telecommunications
review #531095 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Flippa? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
12 of 17 Flippa reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 26, 2015 #951433 San Francisco, California, United States

I also had two separate experiences with Josh W where he was quite rude and completely unhelpful. I try to remember that this peon is, like most, overworked and underpaid.

1 0 Reply
XP

Dec 29, 2014 #922560

Did you try to open dispute from your payment processor?

Oct 16, 2014 #885471

I've talked to Martin F, it wasn't pleasant talking to him too. Martin is the head of "Customer Success Team" in San francisco. But trust me, mine was worst than this. All in all, Flippa's customer's service is bad and their employees are rude. Except the guy name Ian, he's very friendly.

Oct 03, 2014 #879276

Any Chance this Flippa Customer support name is "Josh W."? He is very rude indeed.

3 0 Reply
TheWatcher

Nov 01, 2014 #894072 San Francisco, California, United States

Josh Woods of flippa was a nightmare, now it appears that Martin Ford is the new resident "Infant Terrible"
Martin Ford become nasty and will threaten to ban you if you dare use logic or ask him to abide by Flippa's TOS.
Horrid person. He is destroying Flippa with his nasty behavior.
I've taken screenshots of his inaneness.

May 11, 2015 #982858

Yeah, Josh W at Flippa is an embarrassment. A rotten human being with absolutely no skill other than *** people off.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Flippa. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Flippa.
Filing a new complaint about
×